Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and we all know the doggone truth: Dog’s make the best Valentines!
Dog’s aren’t big on jewellery (they’ll eat it) or red roses (they’ll probably lift their leg…) and they have their flaws when it comes to putting kibble before kisses but what they offer is unconditional, year-round love!
So here are our top reasons why dogs will ALWAYS make the best valentines:
- Their slobber is cute. Date slobber is not cute. Ever!
- Eye contact totally freaks dogs out so there’s no awkward staring into each other’s eyes at the end of that first date.
- Dogs are much easier to train, unlike men who seem unable to remember that it’s Valentine’s Day or to even put the toilet seat down.
- A dog never complains when you want to spend the night on the couch in your tracksuit watching The Notebook, chances are they will snuggle up and watch it with you.
- Your dog will happily listen to you complain about your boss/mother/ex/wardrobe for the millionth time… and they will never tell your secrets.
- Dogs don’t talk back. We could elaborate here, but I think we can all agree this is a good thing.
- Your dog doesn’t judge you for needing to slow down and take a breather on your run together; he’s just happy to spend time with you.
- Puppy snuggles are the best. When Fido nuzzles into your neck and grumbles a sigh, you’ll stay in that position for as long as they’re still comfortable
- They can’t eat chocolate so you never have to feel guilty about sharing or eating the whole block…or two…or three.
- No one in the universe loves you more than your dog!
Show your love and mix up these scrumptious Valentines Peanut Butter and Banana Bites!
- 2 cups of low fat, all natural Greek yogurt (no sugar, no additives)
- 1 medium banana
- 1/3 cup all natural, organic peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture into molds of your choice, place on a baking sheet and freeze, at least 1 hour.
- Remove fro-yo pops from molds and serve.
Licks and Sniffs,