Spoil your best friend with these drool-worthy cupcakes!
Every once in a while, it’s nice to make a sweet, healthy treat to fill their bellies and tell them how much we love them. These DIY Blueberry Pupcakes do just the trick!
- ½ cup ground dry dog food, use a mortar and pestle or a food processor to grind it up
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 6 oz light cream cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries or frozen ones that have been thawed, washed, and drained
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees
- Combine the ground dog food, flour, and baking powder in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Add honey, eggs, milk, and a cup of blueberries and mix until well combined. The batter should be slightly grainy.
- Grease or line muffin cups with paper baking cups. Avoid using foil-baking cups. Paper ones are digestible in case your dog wolfs down the pupcake before you take the paper cups off. Bake until a cake tester or wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes.
- Let the pupcakes cool on a cooling rack.
- Whip cream cheese and 1/3 cup blueberries.
- Frost the pupcakes with a thin layer of whipped cream cheese and top with a few blueberries.
- Remove the paper baking cups before serving he pupcakes.
DIY Blueberry Cupcakes for dogs recipe courtesy of Junbelen.com