DIY Pumpkin Doggy Donuts
These Pumpkin Doggy Donuts are loaded with vitamins and a healthy dose of fiber. These easy to make donuts will surely become one of you dog’s favourite treats.
In an airtight container these will last 1 month in the fridge and up to 5 months in the freezer.
Check out the recipe below!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- 1 cup pumpkin
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup chicken broth
- “Icing”- Plain yogurt and cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add pumpkin, egg, milk, and broth, stir until well combined. Add additional flour if needed, dough should be just slightly sticky.
- Flour hands and roll dough into small balls. Flatten dough in your hand to about 1/4 inch.
- Place donut on cookie sheet and poke hole int the center (you can use marker caps to make the holes).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden brown and still slightly soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temp.
- If you want to “ice” your donuts dip them in a mixture of plain yogurt with a dash of cinnamon. To go one step further you can add toppings by either dipping or sprinkling small items on your donut while yogurt is still wet. You may use for example flax seed, grated carob chips or small bacon pieces.