Fish is excellent for your dog’s coats, eyes, and brain health.
It’s easy on your pup’s digestion and won’t aggravate their skin. Making DIY Salmon Cakes is an easy way to store food for a long time, since these can be frozen or kept in the fridge.
Makes 5 servings
- 6oz can salmon, drained
- ½ cup cracker meal or dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, mix the salmon and cracker meal.
- Mix in the egg, bell pepper, and dill. If the mixture is too wet, mix in a bit more cracker meal.
- Form the mixture into five 2-inch patties.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the salmon cakes and cook until golden-brown, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Drain on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Let cool before serving to your pup.
This DIY Salmon Cakes Recipe is courtesy of Rachael Ray Mag!: