Help Fido cool down with these homemade tasty pup-sicles! Frozen dog treats are great for keeping pups occupied and cool in the summertime, better yet they can be used to soothe teething pain in puppies
What you will need:
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter
- 1 mashed banana
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- Popsicle stick: Use a rawhide chew or a carrot stick!
- Popsicle moulds: You can also use the pop up dog bowls or plastic cups
- Blend the peanut butter, banana, water and flax seed and pour into your popsicle moulds. Toss in some frozen blueberries. Yummy goodness already!
- Place in the freezer and allow the mixture to partially set. Insert a popsicle stick (we used a rawhide chew) into each popsicle mould.
- Allow to freeze completely for 4 – 6 hours before giving to your pooch.
Get creative and make your own pup-sicles with whatever your dog desires; treats, chicken broth – anything! Do you have a favourite pup-sicle recipe to share? We’d love to hear it in a comment below!
Licks and Sniffs,