Here’s a special occasion sweet treat just for your beloved pooch from our friends at the RSPCA!
Remember that it’s best to serve up these doggy cupcakes in moderation.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 2 ¾ cups water
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 cup dried apple pieces (you can also use fresh fruit)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cage-free egg, beaten slightly
- 4 tablespoons honey
Let’s Get Mixing
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Spray a cupcake tin with cooking oil.
- Mix all wet ingredients thoroughly.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients slowly, scraping well to make sure no dry mixture is left.
- Pour the mixture into the cupcake tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Insert a toothpick into the centre of a pupcake and if it comes out dry, they are ready.
- Wait until cooled to serve.
- Store in a sealed container.
Makes approximately 12-14 pupcakes.
Note: because this recipe is for your four-legged friends, they’re sure to find them tasty… but you may not!
If you’re interested in hosting your own Cupcake Day event or would like to join in on our celebrations, please click here.