The Busy Bucket
A great DIY boredom buster that can be put together effortlessly and easily with items from home! The Busy Bucket is also customisable so you can regularly change the items to keep your pooch occupied throughout the day.
The idea for the Busy Bucket is to layer toys, treats and old pillow cases or towels to create a maze as such, where your dog will have to dig and make their way through the fun!
How to make a Busy Bucket:
- Get a sturdy bucket to place all your items in
- Scatter some treats on the bottom
- Pop in a treat dispenser – smear in some peanut butter for added surprise
- Add in a comfort toy that your dog can play with and cuddle up to – we love toys that can be stuffed with your own belongings, like old socks (this is great for dogs with seperation anxiety as the your scent comforts them)
- Fill in the empty space with some old pillow cases or towels to create structure that your dog can work their way through
- Add in some more toys like a tennis ball and a squeaky toy
- Add a rope toy – these are great for oral health as they act as a floss and clean inbetween teeth and gums
- Add another sprinkling of treats
- Once again, fill the empty space with old linen and towels
- Finish off your masterpiece with a deer antler or marrow bone on top – long lasting and great for teeth hygiene
And that’s it! You can be as creative as you like – you may even wish to make things a bit trickier for your dog by placing some treats in a towel or pillow case and tying it up before placing in the bucket. The Busy Bucket is sure to keep your pooch occupied and motivated for hours!