We’ve found a no-cook DIY dog pumpkin soup that your pup will think is simply paw-some.
Pumpkin is loaded with fibre and beta-carotene, which can help with constipation and other digestive issues. The nutritional benefits of pumpkin can also help with weight management and overall improve the heath of your pups skin and coat.
Even if your pup isn’t in digestive distress, pumpkin makes a great addition without the extra calories.
Makes about 4 cups.
- 2 cups pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1½ cups apple juice
- 1 cup carrot juice
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Choose a pumpkin that’s firm and heavy for its size. The skin should be free of blemishes, and some of the stem should remain on the squash.
- Store in a dark place and refrigerate only after cutting its skin.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of chopped pumpkin seeds
- Feed your pup a couple of tablespoons as a delicious addition to their current diet
DIY Pumpkin Soup Recipe Courtesy of The Bark.